SAVE ST. GILES
We are opposed to any future development of the land owned by Chiltern District Council known as Stone Meadow (upper and Lower) for the following reasons:
An area of outstanding natural beauty (AONB) and Green Belt
1. The area is designated an AONB and contains precious chalk stream river.
2. Rich wildlife, flora and fauna including deer, woodpeckers, bats etc..
3. Used as a key area for walkers, horse riding, scouts groups, dog walking, cyclists.
4. Contains woodland which should be or is already protected.
5. Contains the Chiltern Way (public right of way for walkers)
The area sits within the flood plain
1. The village flooded most recently 2008 - 2012- 2014 the meadows are a natural flood plain.
2. Any building in this area would worsen future flooding for village centre
3. Houses built on this area would be uninsurable
4. Measures to reduce future flooding have not been implemented
5. Governments are advising that Flood plains should be considered for development
Impact on the village infrastructure and character
1. The village resources are already stretched i.e. doctors, parking, schools etc
2. Traffic on the A413 is already at maximum capacity at rush hour
3. The character of the village would be negatively impacted by such a large development
4. The character of the village has already been negatively impacted by HS2 and the waste transfer station
5. Likely to suffer congestion and impact on village from other plans to build near Epilepsy Centre on border with St Peter.